Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org> on 2004/10/24 09:45:16 UTC

Re: Fwd: RE: feedparser

Brad Neuberg wrote:

>Kevin, do you know of a good answer to his question?
>
>Hope all is well,
>  Brad

Check out org.apache.commons.feedparser.output.  It was designed for
exactly what you want.

You give it an output stream and then call feed events on it.

For example:

FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream( "/tmp/rss.xml" );

RSS10_OutputFeedParserListener out = new RSS10_OutputFeedParserListener(
fos );

out.init();
out.onChannel( null, "My new channel", "http://my.server.com", "this is
a description" );
out.onItem( ... );
out.onItem( ... );
out.finished();

Then you'll have a new RSS 1.0 file in /tmp/rss.xml

The only problem is that I only have a skeleton impl in CVS now.

I want to have output serializers for RSS 1.0/2.0 and Atom.

Kevin

get a free iPod!