Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Aufderheide, Alan" <Al...@usa.xerox.com> on 2000/04/06 17:58:51 UTC

problem with SHOW TABLES using mysql with cocoon

Hi all,
When I try doing 'show tables' in a sql statement to mysql in cocoon,
I get the following error:

<page>
 <sqlerror message="DOM002 Illegal character"></sqlerror>
</page>

The command 'show tables' works fine in the command-line version of mysql.
There are two tables in the database, with names like test and pet.
Other select statements and describe statements work fine.

With Oracle, doing 'select * from tab' works fine as well.

Can anyone provide insight?  What is the illegal character?
How can I list all the tables in mysql if the above doesn't work?
Below is the xml I use (editted slightly).

Thanks,
Alan

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="sql"?>
<page>
 <connectiondefs>
  <connection name="foo_connection">
   <driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</driver>
   <dburl>jdbc:mysql://machine.domain.com:3306/test</dburl>
   <username>xxx</username>
   <password>xxx</password>
  </connection>
 </connectiondefs>