Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ian Roughley <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/09 15:32:48 UTC

JSON REST API

Hi -

I'm trying to code against the JSON REST API, but having some difficultly.  It seems like the base64
encoded string values are causing problems, because they are not contained within quotes.  Here is
the Ruby trace:

> JSON::ParserError: 574: unexpected token at '"name":InRocmVlOiI='
>     from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/json-1.1.3/lib/json/common.rb:122:in `parse'
>     from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/json-1.1.3/lib/json/common.rb:122:in `parse'
>     from (irb):20
>     from /var/lib/gems/1.8/specifications/activerecord-2.1.0.gemspec:5

I looked at the spec, and the value can be an object, but it wasn't clear to me weather base64 was
considered an object (on other mailing lists the answer was no), or whether the encoding should be
placed within quotes as a string value.

Has anyone else consumed the API and had problems?

/Ian