Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jason Jorgenson <jj...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/17 18:54:27 UTC

bug perhaps?

Hi!  I have a project hosted at googlecode and I had some problems today.  I
added a directory called helpDocs which contained 100 .html files and one
.gif .  when I tried to commit, I got the following error:

svn: Reference to non-existent node '
419be3c4f451eae3.2d07ad541765c99f.20510d6ce251fcd5' in filesystem
'landuseanalyst'

and saved to a tmp...  so, what I did was moved everything to a backup, and
then did a clean checkout.  no problems.  I added a couple of other files,
committed, no problem.  but when i tried to add the entire directory again,
same error.  So I again did a clean checkout, but then added just the dir.
that committed fine.  then I added about 15 files at a time, committing
between each time, and they all went perfectly fine.  So, this seems
strange, but at least I got it to go :P

The svn status of the whole try (which failed)  was:

~/devel/landuseanalyst$ svn status
?      svn-commit.tmp
M      src/gui/lamainform.cpp
A      src/resources/helpDocs
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Breakdown.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Fallow Food Value.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Requirements.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Animals.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Clone a crop.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Animal Parameters.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Managing Animals.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Fodder feed.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Descriptions.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Easting.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/While Juveniles.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Calories per animal per day.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Create a new animal.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Clone an animal.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Animal Name.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Animal Parameter Name.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Animal Description.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Site Name.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Path Distance.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Parameter Description.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Location.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Wild to Tame Ratio.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Animal Common Land.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Fodder as feed.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Animal Parameter Notes.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Notes.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Using the Animals Interface.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Reproduction.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/JADIS Database.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Breeding Life.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Area Units.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Usable Meat.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Period.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Setting Animal Parameters.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Linking to a crop.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Rotation.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Defining an animal.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/File Preparation.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Grain feed.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Suitability masks.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Diet.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Clear.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Fallow Priority.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Plant to Meat Ratio.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Northing.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Selecting Area Units.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Yield.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Fodder Food Value.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Choosing feed.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Saving crops.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Sexual Maturity.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Results.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Death Rate.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Fallow Use.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/DEM.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Masks Specific.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Animal Parameter Details.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Naming.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Numbers.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Masks Common.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Parameter Notes.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/While Gestating.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/laHelpTemplate_html_452864db.gif
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Euclidean.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Fodder Yield.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Settlement Information.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Precision.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Using the Crop Interface.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Saving animals.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Grow Time.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/While Lactating.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Young per birth.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Portion of tame meat diet.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Calories per person per day.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Grazing Fallow.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Food Value.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop to Fallow Ratio.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Gestation Time.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Masks.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Calculations.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Animal Land Suitability.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Estrous cycle.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Main.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crops.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Parameters.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Managing Crops.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Population.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Linking to an animal.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Digitizing.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Create a new crop.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Kill Weight.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Name.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Feeding Requirements.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Parameter Name.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Weaning Age.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Animal Specific Land.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/KCal setting.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Crop Portion of diet.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Animal Notes.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Modelling Method.html
A      src/resources/helpDocs/Walking Time.html
M      src/resources/resources.qrc
M      src/ui/lamainformbase.ui

and again, the error was:

svn: Reference to non-existent node '
419be3c4f451eae3.2d07ad541765c99f.b345f7c1d43fecd6' in filesystem
'landuseanalyst'

note the number seems different... <???>

anyway, I hope this is helpful.  Let me know if you need more info!

Oh.  right.

$ uname -a
Linux arkygeek-laptop 2.6.20-8-386 #2 Tue Feb 13 05:15:43 UTC 2007 i686
GNU/Linux

$ svn --version
svn, version 1.4.2 (r22196)
   compiled Feb 18 2007, 15:40:03

Copyright (C) 2000-2006 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (
http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme

Best Regards

Jason

--
Jason Jorgenson
Post Grad Research Student

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand
how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie