Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gunnar Eketrapp <gu...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/28 09:00:49 UTC

How to get rid of some T5 stack traces ...

Hi !

Our production servers get hitted by our users as well as robots as well as

The stack trace below appears now and then and I would like to get rid of
it.

I haven't yet turned on production mode since we thought that bug haunting
should be easier if not.

So my questiosn are:

+ Will the trace disappear if PROD mode is enabled.
+ Is there a smart way to get rid of it without turning on PROD mode.
? How do I best find out what the request is that is causing this trace?

Thanks in advance!
/Gunnar Eketrapp
(from a very cold and snowy Stockholm)

4:09:18.842 [http-8080-Processor14] ERROR o.a.t.s.T.RequestExceptionHandler
- Processing of request failed with uncaught exception: Forms require that
the request method be POST and that the t:formdata query parameter have
values.
org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.ComponentEventException: Forms require that the
request method be POST and that the t:formdata query parameter have values.
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.triggerContextEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1098)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentEventRequestHandlerImpl.handle(ComponentEventRequestHandlerImpl.java:75)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ImmediateActionRenderResponseFilter.handle(ImmediateActionRenderResponseFilter.java:42)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$ComponentEventRequestHandler_12661a80307.handle($ComponentEventRequestHandler_12661a80307.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AjaxFilter.handle(AjaxFilter.java:42)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$ComponentEventRequestHandler_12661a80307.handle($ComponentEventRequestHandler_12661a80307.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$36.handle(TapestryModule.java:2164)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$ComponentEventRequestHandler_12661a80307.handle($ComponentEventRequestHandler_12661a80307.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$ComponentEventRequestHandler_12661a801ea.handle($ComponentEventRequestHandler_12661a801ea.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentRequestHandlerTerminator.handleComponentEvent(ComponentRequestHandlerTerminator.java:43)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$ComponentRequestHandler_12661a8018c.handleComponentEvent($ComponentRequestHandler_12661a8018c.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentEventDispatcher.dispatch(ComponentEventDispatcher.java:46)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at $Dispatcher_12661a8018e.dispatch($Dispatcher_12661a8018e.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at $Dispatcher_12661a80183.dispatch($Dispatcher_12661a80183.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$RequestHandlerTerminator.service(TapestryModule.java:245)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestErrorFilter.service(RequestErrorFilter.java:26)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$RequestHandler_12661a80184.service($RequestHandler_12661a80184.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$4.service(TapestryModule.java:778)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$RequestHandler_12661a80184.service($RequestHandler_12661a80184.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$3.service(TapestryModule.java:767)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$RequestHandler_12661a80184.service($RequestHandler_12661a80184.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.StaticFilesFilter.service(StaticFilesFilter.java:85)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$RequestHandler_12661a80184.service($RequestHandler_12661a80184.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at com.tellpoker.services.AppModule$1.service(AppModule.java:146)
[AppModule$1.class:na]
        at
$RequestFilter_12661a8017f.service($RequestFilter_12661a8017f.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$RequestHandler_12661a80184.service($RequestHandler_12661a80184.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:90)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:81)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.ConcurrentBarrier.withRead(ConcurrentBarrier.java:85)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter.service(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:103)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$RequestHandler_12661a80184.service($RequestHandler_12661a80184.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$RequestHandler_12661a8017b.service($RequestHandler_12661a8017b.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$HttpServletRequestHandlerTerminator.service(TapestryModule.java:197)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.IgnoredPathsFilter.service(IgnoredPathsFilter.java:62)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$HttpServletRequestFilter_12661a8017a.service($HttpServletRequestFilter_12661a8017a.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_12661a8017d.service($HttpServletRequestHandler_12661a8017d.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$2.service(TapestryModule.java:726)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_12661a8017d.service($HttpServletRequestHandler_12661a8017d.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_12661a80178.service($HttpServletRequestHandler_12661a80178.java)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter.doFilter(TapestryFilter.java:127)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
[catalina.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
[catalina.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
[catalina.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
[catalina.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
[catalina.jar:na]
        at
[catalina.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
[catalina.jar:na]
        at
[catalina.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
[tomcat-http.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
[tomcat-http.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
[tomcat-util.jar:5.1]
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
[tomcat-util.jar:5.1]
        at
[tomcat-util.jar:5.1]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [na:1.6.0_07]
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Forms require that the request method
be POST and that the t:formdata query parameter have values.
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form.executeStoredActions(Form.java:455)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form._$advised$onAction(Form.java:378)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form$onAction$invocation_12661a866ea.invokeAdvisedMethod(Form$onAction$invocation_12661a866ea.java)
[na:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.proceed(AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.java:71)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.LoggingAdvice.advise(LoggingAdvice.java:37)
[tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.transform.LogWorker$1.advise(LogWorker.java:54)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.proceed(AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.java:80)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form.onAction(Form.java)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form.dispatchComponentEvent(Form.java)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.dispatchEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:910)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.triggerContextEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1081)
[tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar:na]
        ... 53 common frames omitted

Re: How to get rid of some T5 stack traces ...

Posted by Gunnar Eketrapp <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi !

Hum ...

xhr !? That reminds me about that we have had problems with Internet
Explorer and zone updates.

Somehting with that the xhr flag (!?) was not set ...

I will have to dig into this ... but don't have the time right now!

/Gunnar

2010/1/29 Ville Virtanen <vi...@cerion.fi>

> Hi,
>
> hrx -> xhr :D
>
> It is true that T5 catches many of these
> "I-did-not-even-know-something-makes-these" -requests, and it is good to
> know of this happening.
>
> Obviously I should also take a look at the URL re-write functionality.
>
>  - Ville
>
> Ps. It's minus 20 Celsius here... (-4 Fahrenheit) I'm freezing! :)
>

> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 14:47:08 -0200, Ville Virtanen
> > <vi...@cerion.fi> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> >> One way to prevent this is to contribute a T5 httprequest filter that
> >> just redirects to error page if it detects a post url submitted using
> >> GET.
> >
> > Well, Tapestry always submit by POST, so any submission using GET is not
> > an human user.
> > If you want to provide access to robots, I think it's better to have some
> > kind of API linke Twitter has.
> >
> >> (And isn't hrx?)
> >
> > hrx? I guess I need some more internet vocabulary . . . hehehe
> >
> >> This is one of the T5 weaker sides I think. It produces many
> >> like these in the production for us for a site that slightly altered url
> >> layout, although these errors are rarely made by human.
> >
> > I think this is an upside, not a downside, as it shows that suspicious
> > requests are being made.
> >
> >> Haven't seen that one on our production servers, however our servers are
> >> getting hammered by someone trying to get /index.html which produces
> >> "there is no such component in page... blah .. the valid components
> >> are...".
> >> This can be fixed by implementing a component named html that does
> >> absolutely nothing and placing it to the page.
> >
> > You could also have an URL rewriter rule to catch that.
> >
> >>  - Ville (From f*cking cold and snowy Turku ;))
> >
> > Thiago (from f*cking-but-not-that-much hot Belo Horizonte) ;)
> >
> > --
> > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> > Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer,
> > and instructor
> > Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da
> > Informação Ltda.
> > http://www.arsmachina.com.br

[Hem: 08-715 59 57, Mobil: 0708-52 62 90]
Allévägen 2A, 132 42 Saltsjö-Boo

Re: How to get rid of some T5 stack traces ...

Posted by Ville Virtanen <vi...@cerion.fi>.
Hi,

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ville Virtanen <vi...@cerion.fi>.
Hi,

One way to prevent this is to contribute a T5 httprequest filter that just
redirects to error page if it detects a post url submitted using GET. (And
isn't hrx?) This is one of the T5 weaker sides I think. It produces many