Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Jilani Shaik <ji...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/13 20:42:39 UTC

encrypted password in command line i.e ("password") simialr to "password-file"

Hi,

I have seen the feature encrypted password in password file in "
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-1223" in Sqoop 1223 JIRA issue.

Please let me know whether the same is supported without password-file.

As we have lot of sqoop imports using oozie workflow and there we are
reading all the passwords form common property files. So for us instead of
using the password file common properties with encrypted password is
suitable.

Please let me know if you need any questions to understand my requirement.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Jilani

Re: encrypted password in command line i.e ("password") simialr to "password-file"

Posted by Jilani Shaik <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply. I have already seen the same in 5.3 and working on to
use this.

Thanks,
Jilani

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Jilani,

Posted by Jilani Shaik <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Venkat,

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.

Fwd: encrypted password in command line i.e ("password") simialr to "password-file"