Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Subhash Agrawal <ag...@opentext.com> on 2016/06/13 19:07:53 UTC

RE: Migrating from 07.1 .100

Hi,
I currently embed kafka 0.7.1 in my java process. To support SSL, we have decided to upgrade Kafka to 0.10.0.
After upgrade, I am seeing following error during kafka startup.

java.lang.NullPointerException
                at kafka.utils.Throttler.<init>(Throttler.scala:45)
                at kafka.log.LogCleaner.<init>(LogCleaner.scala:75)
                at kafka.log.LogManager.<init>(LogManager.scala:66)
                at kafka.server.KafkaServer.createLogManager(KafkaServer.scala:609)
                at kafka.server.KafkaServer.startup(KafkaServer.scala:183)

Has anybody seen this error? If I run kafka externally, then I don't see this error.

Thanks
Subhash A.

Posted by Gerard Klijs <ge...@dizzit.com>.
There has been a lot of changes, and it can also be quit a challenge to get
the SSL working. And with only a null-pointer, there is little to go on. I
would first focus on getting it to work with 0.10 (if possible also on a
clustered test setup), and if it all works, try to configure the ssl.