Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU> on 2002/12/06 16:41:30 UTC

ra_svn over ssh

I've added tunnel agent support to ra_svn in rev 4028.  (For tarball
users, you'll have to wait until 0.17.)  From the updated INSTALL
file:

      You can also run ra_svn over ssh or any similar tool.  To do
      this, create a server group for the repository server in
      ~/.subversion/servers, and set the variable "svn-tunnel-agent"
      to "ssh".  An example:

        [groups]
        mygroup = server.host.name

        [mygroup]
        svn-tunnel-agent = ssh

      (Right now you can't put any arguments to ssh in that variable.
      That may change.)  Make sure svnserve is in your path on the
      server.

If you tunnel over a remote login agent, your commits will show with
your username; no more anonymous-only operation.

If you've been playing with svnserve in daemon mode, you'll want to
note that you now have to specify "svnserve -d" to make it run in
daemon mode.  The default mode of operation is now suitable for inetd,
although I haven't tested that.

Re: ra_svn over ssh

Posted by Gustavo Niemeyer <ni...@conectiva.com>.
> I've added tunnel agent support to ra_svn in rev 4028.  (For tarball
> users, you'll have to wait until 0.17.)  From the updated INSTALL
> file:

Two words for you guys: thank you!

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]

Re: ra_svn over ssh

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Greg Hudson wrote:

>I've added tunnel agent support to ra_svn in rev 4028.  (For tarball
>users, you'll have to wait until 0.17.)  From the updated INSTALL
>file:

you rock!  maybe now people can stop bitching about having to install
apache in order to use svn ;-)

-garrett

Re: ra_svn over ssh

Posted by Will Andrews <wi...@csociety.org>.
On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 11:41:30AM -0500, Greg Hudson wrote:
> I've added tunnel agent support to ra_svn in rev 4028.  (For tarball
> users, you'll have to wait until 0.17.)  From the updated INSTALL
> file:
>
>       You can also run ra_svn over ssh or any similar tool.  To do
>       this, create a server group for the repository server in
>       ~/.subversion/servers, and set the variable "svn-tunnel-agent"
>       to "ssh".  An example:
>
>         [groups]
>         mygroup = server.host.name
>
>         [mygroup]
>         svn-tunnel-agent = ssh
>
>       (Right now you can't put any arguments to ssh in that variable.
>       That may change.)  Make sure svnserve is in your path on the
>       server.

Note that for SSH at least, you can specify these options in
$HOME/.ssh/config, for the server host.  That can help with
things like username, tunnelling of ssh, ssh protocol, etc.

wca