Posted to user@spark.apache.org by oppokui <op...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/03 12:19:16 UTC

Support R in Spark

Does spark ML team have plan to support R script natively? There is a SparkR project, but not from spark team. Spark ML used netlib-java to talk with native fortran routines or use NumPy, why not try to use R in some sense.

R had lot of useful packages. If spark ML team can include R support, it will be a very powerful.

Any comment?

Re: Support R in Spark

Posted by oppokui <op...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Shivaram.

Kui

Re: Support R in Spark

Posted by Shivaram Venkataraman <sh...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.

Re: Support R in Spark

Posted by oppokui <op...@gmail.com>.
Shivaram,

Re: Support R in Spark

Posted by oppokui <op...@gmail.com>.

Re: Support R in Spark

Posted by Christopher Nguyen <ct...@adatao.com>.
Hi Kui, sorry about that. That link you mentioned is probably the one for
the products. We don't have one pointing from adatao.com to ddf.io; maybe
we'll add it.

As for access to the code base itself, I think the team has already created
a GitHub repo for it, and should open it up within a few weeks. There's
some debate about whether to put out the implementation with Shark
dependencies now, or SparkSQL with a bit limited functionality and not as
well tested.

I'll check and ping when this is opened up.

The license is Apache.

Sent while mobile. Please excuse typos etc.

Re: Support R in Spark

Posted by oppokui <op...@gmail.com>.

Re: Support R in Spark

Posted by Christopher Nguyen <ct...@adatao.com>.