Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Khawaja Shams <ks...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/13 21:27:01 UTC

Tomcat not shutting down

Hello,
   Has anyone had the following problem: Tomcat refuses to shutdown and
stops listening on port 8005 for the shutdown connection even though it is
still listening on 8080? With the latest version of tomcat, I get nothing
when I do ps -ef|grep tomcat.  Is there any other way to find the process id
of tomcat that is still running and kill it without restarting the server?
Currently, if I try to start tomcat, I get a bind exception that the address
is already in use.  We have no other applications running on this port, so I
know that it is a stale version of tomcat (netstat).  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Khawaja Shams