Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Juraj Lenharcik <ju...@datainput.de> on 2002/08/09 14:05:07 UTC

codebase not accepted - Security Manager - catalina.policy

Hi,

I use the Security Manager in my Webapps. Everythink works fine, until I
write the codeBase parameter to the grant in my catalina.policy. Then I get
some security Exceptions, which are not when I use only "grant" standalone.
I use this entry in my catalina.policy:

grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/-"{
	permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "getClassLoader";
};

And get this Exception:

(java.lang.RuntimePermission
 getClassLoader)

If the "-" Element works, than I shouldn't get any Permission-Exceptions. Or
is there any syntax error in my configuration? Has someone a example with
codebase and "-" which ist working?

bye
juraj