Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> on 2010/11/19 01:15:55 UTC

[PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.1-RC1

Hi,

we're aiming at a bugfix release of Maven 3 in the next week and
following tradition we invite interested users in taking the RC for a
test drive in order to detect and fix potential regressions since
version 3.0 before the actual release of 3.0.1.

For the duration of the RC testing, sources and binaries are staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-008/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0.1-RC1/

As usual, the changes since the previous release are listed in JIRA:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=16331

Thanks,

-The Maven Team

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.1-RC1

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Baptiste MATHUS wrote:

> I just created a test project from
> archetype, and tried -T option. And surefire shows up as being locked onto
> the 2.5 version, should/couldn't 3.0.1 be locked onto 2.6 one

I didn't feel comfortable making Surefire 2.6 the default in light of
SUREFIRE-615 but that's just my personal opinion. If others consider the
update from 2.5 to 2.6 a worthwhile change, that's fine.

Benjamin

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.1-RC1

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
After having been actually bitten by
[MNG-4907<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4907>]
(which is a good thing) and then fixing it, the build passed fine. Great job
!

+1 (non-binding)

2010/11/21 Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>

> Question about the future release. I just created a test project from
> archetype, and tried -T option. And surefire shows up as being locked onto
> the 2.5 version, should/couldn't 3.0.1 be locked onto 2.6 one (btw, surefire
> might not be the sole plugin in this case) ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> 2010/11/19 Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>
>
> Hi,
>>
>> we're aiming at a bugfix release of Maven 3 in the next week and following
>> tradition we invite interested users in taking the RC for a test drive in
>> order to detect and fix potential regressions since version 3.0 before the
>> actual release of 3.0.1.
>>
>> For the duration of the RC testing, sources and binaries are staged at:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-008/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0.1-RC1/
>>
>> As usual, the changes since the previous release are listed in JIRA:
>>
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=16331
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> -The Maven Team

> Sauvez un arbre,
> Mangez un castor !

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.1-RC1

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Question about the future release. I just created a test project from
archetype, and tried -T option. And surefire shows up as being locked onto
the 2.5 version, should/couldn't 3.0.1 be locked onto 2.6 one (btw, surefire
might not be the sole plugin in this case) ?

Thanks.

2010/11/19 Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>

> Hi,
>
> we're aiming at a bugfix release of Maven 3 in the next week and following
> tradition we invite interested users in taking the RC for a test drive in
> order to detect and fix potential regressions since version 3.0 before the
> actual release of 3.0.1.
>
> For the duration of the RC testing, sources and binaries are staged at:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-008/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0.1-RC1/
>
> As usual, the changes since the previous release are listed in JIRA:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=16331
>
> Thanks,
>

> -The Maven Team

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.1-RC1

Posted by Evgeny Mandrikov <ma...@gmail.com>.
Works fine for all Sonar projects, including based on Tycho.

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 20:38, Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com> wrote:

> Works fine on a multi module Android project with plain library, Android
> application and instrumentation test modules.
>
> manfred

Best regards,
http://twitter.com/_godin_
http://www.SonarSource.com <http://www.sonarsource.com/>

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.1-RC1

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.

Posted by chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 01:15:55 +0100
Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> wrote:

> Hi,

+1, works fine for us (tested on ubuntu 10.10 and windows xp sp3).

> we're aiming at a bugfix release of Maven 3 in the next week and
> following tradition we invite interested users in taking the RC for a
> test drive in order to detect and fix potential regressions since
> version 3.0 before the actual release of 3.0.1.
>
> For the duration of the RC testing, sources and binaries are staged
> at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-008/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0.1-RC1/
>
> As usual, the changes since the previous release are listed in JIRA:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=16331
>
> Thanks,
>

> -The Maven Team

Tony Chemit

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.1-RC1

Posted by Marvin Froeder <ve...@gmail.com>.
Tested flexmojos, seems ok ;)

VELO