Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/12 07:00:30 UTC

Size of data directory same on all nodes in cluster

Hi,
I have setup 2 node Hbase cluster on top of 2 node HDFS cluster.
When i perform "du -sh" command on data directory ( where hadoop stores
data ) on both machines , its shows the same size.
As per my understanding , of entire data half of the data is stored in one
machine and other half on other machine.
Please help.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Vimal Jain

Re: Size of data directory same on all nodes in cluster

Posted by divye sheth <di...@gmail.com>.
What is the replication factor you have set on the cluster? If it is 2 then
the data should be evenly balanced between the two nodes.

Use "hadoop dfsadmin -report" command to get a full report of the
datanodes.
AFAIK it should make no difference in how data is distributed/replicated
between HDFS datanodes even when you have Hbase on top of it.

Thanks
Divye Sheth

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:37 PM, Kashif Jawed Siddiqui <kashifjs@huawei.com