Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org> on 2017/08/02 04:02:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] Guacamole Podling Report (Draft) - August 2017

Hello all,

Please find and discuss the below draft for Apache Guacamole's sixth
podling report. The wiki page where this needs to go is here:

    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2017

For reference, Apache Guacamole's previous reports can be found within:

    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/May2017
    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2017
    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2016
    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2016
    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/May2016

Beware that this needs to be submitted by end-of-day tomorrow, so
please try to give this a quick look before then.

Thanks,

- Mike

-------------

Guacamole

Guacamole is an enterprise-grade, protocol-agnostic, remote desktop gateway.
Combined with cloud hosting, Guacamole provides an excellent alternative to
traditional desktops. Guacamole aims to make cloud-hosted desktop access
preferable to traditional, local access.

Guacamole has been incubating since 2016-02-10.

  1. Call community graduation VOTE
  2.
  3.

aware of?

  None.

  Community activity on the mailing lists is still strong and increasing, with
  the user@ list now receiving an average of 171 posts per month.

  Overall:

          Report    |       Period       | Avg. posts (per month)
      --------------+--------------------+------------------------
       May 2016 (1) | (START) .. 2016-04 | 0 (Not yet migrated)
       Aug 2016 (2) | 2016-05 .. 2016-07 | 90
       Nov 2016 (3) | 2016-08 .. 2016-10 | 108
       Feb 2017 (4) | 2016-11 .. 2017-01 | 129
       May 2017 (5) | 2017-02 .. 2017-04 | 164
       Aug 2017 (6) | 2017-05 .. 2017-07 | 171

  The community is supportive and actively participates in high-level and
  development-related discussions on the mailing lists, and in assisting
  others.

  All items on the podling status page have been completed, the podling name
  search has been resolved (name approved), and another release has gone out
  smoothly. We will be moving forward with the community graduation VOTE.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  [ ] Initial setup
  [ ] Working towards first release
  [ ] Community building
  [X] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

  2017-07-30 (0.9.13-incubating)

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  The following committers have been elected since Guacamole began incubation:

    * Nick Couchman - 2017-02-09
    * Frode Langelo - 2016-04-03

  As of the VOTE on 2016-12-09, all committers are implicitly members of the
  PPMC.

Re: [DISCUSS] Guacamole Podling Report (Draft) - August 2017

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
Great. Now posted at: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2017

Thanks for taking a look, guys.

- Mike