Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andy McHargue <mc...@usc.edu> on 2002/12/16 23:29:10 UTC

[users@httpd] newbie redirect question

Besides a few specific redirects I need to set up, I want all requests
for pages within an old site to redirect to the new home page.

All I have access to is the .htaccess file -- other configuration
changes aren't really an option.

Here's my .htaccess file at the moment:

Redirect /hhs/sentinel.html
http://www.learcenter.org/html/projects/?cm=hhs/sentinel
Redirect /hhs http://www.learcenter.org/html/projects/?cm=hhs
Redirect / /redirect.html
ErrorDocument 404 /404.html

If I leave in the Redirect / line, I get internal server error.  What
should that line be, in order to redirect all other requests to
redirect.html ?  And I suppose if such a redirect is set up, 404's will
never happen since they will be redirected before a 404 is even
detected?

Thanks,
am