Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Chicayban <da...@chicayban.com.br> on 2002/11/09 23:10:12 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_php & mod_jrun

I've posted this message on PHP-install maillist and now I am seeking for
help here. This is more an apache question than a PHP question. PHP runs
well under certain circustance... the issue I have is when I run mod_php
together with mod_jrun (coldfusion mx).

Here's my research on this problem:

Two redhat servers: A (rocknroll.chicayban.com.br) and B (crazycat.uglydog.com)

-- A runs coldfusion mx and php.
# JRun Settings
LoadModule jrun_module /var/cfmx/runtime/lib/wsconfig/1/mod_jrun.so
LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so
<IfModule mod_jrun.c>
     JRunConfig Verbose false
     JRunConfig Apialloc false
     JRunConfig Ssl false
     JRunConfig Ignoresuffixmap true
     JRunConfig Serverstore /var/cfmx/runtime/lib/wsconfig/1/jrunserver.store
     JRunConfig Bootstrap 127.0.0.1:51010
     #JRunConfig Errorurl <optionally redirect to this URL on errors>
     AddHandler jrun-handler .cfm .cfc .jsp .cfml .jws
</IfModule>

-- A has these two lines in <IfModule mod_mime.c>
         AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3 .phtml

Everything works fine on A.
A has these modules running:

[root@rocknroll conf]# ../bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
   http_core.c
   mod_env.c
   mod_log_config.c
   mod_mime.c
   mod_status.c
   mod_info.c
   mod_autoindex.c
   mod_dir.c
   mod_cgi.c
   mod_asis.c
   mod_speling.c
   mod_userdir.c
   mod_alias.c
   mod_rewrite.c
   mod_access.c
   mod_auth.c
   mod_proxy.c
   mod_usertrack.c
   mod_unique_id.c
   mod_so.c
   mod_setenvif.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /var/apache/bin/suexec

=======================================

-- B loads coldfusion mx and php.
# JRun Settings
LoadModule jrun_module /home/cf/runtime/lib/wsconfig/1/mod_jrun.so
LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so

<IfModule mod_jrun.c>
     JRunConfig Verbose false
     JRunConfig Apialloc false
     JRunConfig Ssl false
     JRunConfig Ignoresuffixmap true
     JRunConfig Serverstore /home/cf/runtime/lib/wsconfig/1/jrunserver.store
     JRunConfig Bootstrap 127.0.0.1:51010
     #JRunConfig Errorurl <optionally redirect to this URL on errors>
     AddHandler jrun-handler .cfm .cfc .jsp .cfml .jws
</IfModule>

B has these two lines in <IfModule mod_mime.c>
     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3 .phtml

B has these modules running:
[root@crazycat conf]# ../bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
   http_core.c
   mod_env.c
   mod_log_config.c
   mod_mime.c
   mod_negotiation.c
   mod_status.c
   mod_include.c
   mod_autoindex.c
   mod_dir.c
   mod_cgi.c
   mod_asis.c
   mod_imap.c
   mod_actions.c
   mod_userdir.c
   mod_alias.c
   mod_access.c
   mod_auth.c
   mod_so.c
   mod_setenvif.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /var/apache/bin/suexec

PHP doesn't work on B.

Here's what I do to make PHP work:
-- I comment the jrun_module on B
#LoadModule jrun_module /home/cf/runtime/lib/wsconfig/1/mod_jrun.so

And I restart apache:
[root@crazycat conf]# ../bin/apachectl restart
../bin/apachectl restart: httpd restarted

And try: http://crazycat.uglydog.com/~daniel/phpinfo.php
And it works!

Of course, coldfusion doesn't work anymore. If I uncomment the jrun_module,
coldfusion works fine, PHP stop to work and I notice other behaviors (see
below)

With coldfusion (jrun_module) loaded...:
Try: http://crazycat.uglydog.com/~daniel/

You see the whole directory... If I unload (comment, restart) jrun_module,
I get:
Forbidden: you don't have permission to access /~daniel/ on this server --
which is what should happen...

B needs coldfusion up and running all the time, so I'll leave it with the
jrun_module running. The urls above, then, will show you the behavior of
apache when JRUN is running...

Does anybody know how to solve this?
Thanks. Daniel