Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr> on 2012/03/02 15:49:49 UTC

Pootle: 3.4 about box translation

Hello,
On Pootle > svx / source / intro.po
We have the #1 string with:
Copyright © 2000, 2011 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.\n
This product was created by %OOOVENDOR, based on OpenOffice.org.\n
OpenOffice.org acknowledges all community members, especially those mentioned at\n
http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html.

What is the right text?
Thanks

Re: Pootle: 3.4 about box translation

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 3/2/12 4:34 PM, FR web forum wrote:
>> But this is still true, let us check the English sources first
> OK I'll wait
>
> Other string in scp2 / source / ooo.po #322
> folderitem_ooo.ulf#STR_FI_TOOLTIP_SOFFICE.LngText.text
> The office productivity suite compatible to the open
> and standardized ODF document format. Supported by Oracle.
>
> Maybe we should to replace Oracle by a %STRING variable?

Or simply change it to "... Supported by the Apache Software Foundation"

or "... Supported by %OOOVENDOR"

This is used ion the about string as well.

We will work with high prio to update the English resources asap.

Juergen

Re: Pootle: 3.4 about box translation

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 3/2/12 4:05 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 3/2/12 4:01 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> On 3/2/12 3:49 PM, FR web forum wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> On Pootle> svx / source / intro.po
>>> We have the #1 string with:
>>> Copyright © 2000, 2011 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights
>>> reserved.\n
>>> This product was created by %OOOVENDOR, based on OpenOffice.org.\n
>>> OpenOffice.org acknowledges all community members, especially those
>>> mentioned at\n
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html.
>>>
>>> What is the right text?
>>
>> ####
>> Copyright © 2012 Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.
>> This product was created by Apache Software Foundation, based on Apache
>> OpenOffice.
>> Apache OpenOffice acknowledges all community members, especially those
>> mentioned at http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html.
>> ###
>
> Forget this, it is from the About box.
ok, time for coffee, I was completely confused. It is the about box
string. grrrr

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 3/2/12 3:49 PM, FR web forum wrote:
> Hello,
> On Pootle>  svx / source / intro.po
> We have the #1 string with:
> Copyright © 2000, 2011 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.\n
> This product was created by %OOOVENDOR, based on OpenOffice.org.\n
> OpenOffice.org acknowledges all community members, especially those mentioned at\n
> http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html.
>
> What is the right text?

####