Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by jb...@purina.com on 2000/02/28 21:40:59 UTC

Problem using Xalan

I am seeing the below problem using the Xalan XSL framework for Java.  It
appears that one of the elements in my source XML document has an '&' in it
 and this
apparently is causing a problem (i.e. <longDescription>BEEF &
CHEESE</longDescription>).  I am using release 0.19.3D03 of Xalan.  This
seems similar
to the bug report that was supposed to be fixed as of 0.19.1 (PDIK4ELSE3
Entref01: value-of is not passing "&" thru to result output file.).
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Input XSL; Line 9; Column 29
XSL Error: Could not parse Input XML document!
XSL Error: SAX Exception
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: The entity name must
immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.
     java.lang.Throwable(java.lang.String)
     java.lang.Exception(java.lang.String)
     org.xml.sax.SAXException(java.lang.String)
     org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPathException(java.lang.String)
     org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException(java.lang.String,
java.lang.Exception)
     void org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(int, java.lang.Object
[], java.lang.Exception)
     org.w3c.dom.Node
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.getSourceTreeFromInput(org.apache.xala
n.xslt.XSLTInputSource)
     void
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTInpu
tSource, org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTInputSource,
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTResultTarget)
     java.lang.String com.ralston.xmlPreProcessing.XSLTProcessor.process()
     void
com.ralston.xmlPreProcessing.XMLBatchTransformation.createBatchFor(java.lan
g.String, java.lang.String)
     void
com.ralston.xmlPreProcessing.XMLBatchTransformation.bootstrapXMLBatchFor(ja
va.lang.String, java.lang.String)
     evaluated code