Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Eamon Daly <ea...@fastweb.com> on 2000/09/13 12:01:18 UTC

Bad free() ignored?

We've been using mod_perl/DBI for our entire website for just
under a year now (over 1.5M pages a day-- I owe the mod_perl
folks a hell of a lot of beer), and have suddenly started
seeing a small number of "Bad free() ignored" lines appear in
the error logs. My error trapping gives line numbers, but they
don't point to anything obvious. Has anyone else seen this
behavior?

perl 5.005_03
mod_perl 1.26
DBI 1.14
DBD::Oracle 1.03
Solaris 7

Eamon Daly
FastWeb, Inc.
847 568 6410

Re: Bad free() ignored?

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Eamon Daly wrote:

> We've been using mod_perl/DBI for our entire website for just
> under a year now (over 1.5M pages a day-- I owe the mod_perl
> folks a hell of a lot of beer), and have suddenly started
> seeing a small number of "Bad free() ignored" lines appear in
> the error logs. My error trapping gives line numbers, but they
> don't point to anything obvious. Has anyone else seen this
> behavior?

if you shared the line numbers and a little about the code with us that
would help.  so would beer ;)  the warning is something common to buggy xs
code.

> mod_perl 1.26

1.26??