Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by simone cecchini <si...@kiosco.org> on 2001/02/22 08:33:24 UTC

Re[4]: How to edit,delete data on xml file or databases?

Hello Oscar,

Wednesday, February 21, 2001, 19:21:09, you wrote:

OT> Hello Simone:
OT>   Tanks for the tip, i've tried again and realised that what i was doing
OT> wrong.
OT>   I've removed the line added and triend again and realise that the sample
OT> is working, it simply validades the data.
OT>   Now all that is left to do is to understand the Fp taglib.
OT>   I'm wondering how good of a framework can Cocoom be to replace the
OT> tradicional database driven applications.
OT>   We all now that next age applications will be based on one web interface.
OT>   That do you thing about that??

OT> Tanks
OT>   Osk!

you can get some hints about what cocoon and cocoon2 are/should be from an interesting thread that's been rolled out a few days ago on this ml ('App Design Philosophy Rant').
i am at my first experience with cocoon. i am using both the fp taglib and esql one together, but not for 'heavy' applications. i think that xsp is a good way to write applications, provided you are willing to tamper a little with the code.
bye,
simone