Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eyal Goren <ey...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/19 16:00:16 UTC

How to generate C++ code and compile it?

Hi,

I have a task to generate using a perl script C++ code, and then compile it.

I know we have maven-nar-plugin for compiling C++ code, but how can I
generate the code from maven, and pass it its output?

Thanks
Eyal

Re: How to generate C++ code and compile it?

Posted by Eyal Goren <ey...@gmail.com>.
OK, resolve it using the exec-maven-plugin activated in the generated-sources
phase

Re: RE : How to generate C++ code and compile it?

Posted by Eyal Goren <ey...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I already resolved it, but basically we had a procedure that needed to
generate C++ sources from input files (like in Corba)  and I needed to
activate it vefore the compilation stage.

Eyal

RE: RE : How to generate C++ code and compile it?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
you will have considerable work cutout for you considering both Microsoft and Borland spent man years perfecting their IDE C++ code generators

The NAR plugin allows one to preprocess, compile and link with the OS specific lint, preprocessor, compiler and link utilities

these older IDES created C++ code based on specific template configurations such as
MDI
SDI
driver code
each one of these templates took 1 month to 6 months to create

so if you're NOT willing to perform the months of effort for each Template classes I would suggest breaking down and purchasing the IDE

borland is no more so MS VisualStudio is the only alternative.

Viel Gluck/Bon Chance,
Martin