Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Niels van Kampenhout <ni...@hippo.nl> on 2004/03/24 11:58:15 UTC

[LuceneIndexTransformer] storing index files outside Cocoon work directory

Hi,

Is there any way to let the LuceneIndexTransformer store the index files in a directory outside the Cocoon work directory? In the source code there is a check for an absolute path in openWriter(), however specifying an absolute (windows) path crashes Cocoon with an EmptyStackException.

Our problem with storing the index files in the Cocoon work directory is that they get deleted on restarts, which are sometimes unavoidable.

Thanks,

Niels van Kampenhout

Hippo Webworks
Grasweg 35
1031 HW Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel  +31 (0)20 6345173
Fax +31 (0)20 6345179
niels@hippo.nl / www.hippo.nl

Re: [LuceneIndexTransformer] storing index files outside Cocoon work directory

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> Niels van Kampenhout wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way to let the LuceneIndexTransformer store the index
> > files in a directory outside the Cocoon work directory? In the source
> > code there is a check for an absolute path in openWriter(), however
> > specifying an absolute (windows) path crashes Cocoon with an
> > EmptyStackException.
> >
> > Our problem with storing the index files in the Cocoon work directory
> > is that they get deleted on restarts, which are sometimes unavoidable.
>
> Crashes !?!
>
> I added that recently to solve the very problem you describe.
>
> I have this working fine on Linux and MacOSX, but was unable to test it
> on Windows.

Do you need to use a file:// URL?
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#File%3A+URLs

--David

Re: [LuceneIndexTransformer] storing index files outside Cocoon work directory

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On 24 Mar 2004, at 10:58, Niels van Kampenhout wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to let the LuceneIndexTransformer store the index
> files in a directory outside the Cocoon work directory? In the source
> code there is a check for an absolute path in openWriter(), however
> specifying an absolute (windows) path crashes Cocoon with an
> EmptyStackException.
>
> Our problem with storing the index files in the Cocoon work directory
> is that they get deleted on restarts, which are sometimes unavoidable.

Crashes !?!

I added that recently to solve the very problem you describe.

I have this working fine on Linux and MacOSX, but was unable to test it
on Windows.

regards Jeremy