Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Wilfredo Sánchez <ws...@apple.com> on 2004/02/25 01:11:43 UTC

SVN 1.0.0 binary tarballs for Mac OS X 10.3

  I've built SVN and it's dependencies for Mac OS X 10.3.

   They are available on my iDisk (wsanchez) at
http://idisk.mac.com/wsanchez/Public/ in the pkg/ folder.

   You will need:

     dev/apr
     dev/apr-util
     dev/httpd		(for server)
     dev/swig
     stable/subversion
     dev/SCPlugin	(optional)

   Except for SCPlugin, all are provided as tarballs, not installer
packages.  They install into /usr/local/*/.

     -wsv

Re: SVN 1.0.0 binary tarballs for Mac OS X 10.3

Posted by Martin Ott <ot...@in.tum.de>.
On 08.03.2004, at 16:13, Brian W. Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 17:15, Diederik van Arkel wrote:
>
>> I don't see a static build on wsanchez's idisk anymore. Did this
>> problem get
>> resolved or should I just download the tarball and work from that?
>
> Just go with the tarball right now.  I wanted to put up a static binary
> that did ra_dav, ra_svn, and ra_local, but due to what appears to be a
> linker bug on Mac OS X, I can't get it to statically link BerkeleyDB,
> so
> rather than whip up a client that can't work on local repositories, I
> just punted.

I successfully built a static (system libraries are still linked
dynamically) version of Subversion 1.0.0 for Mac OS X 10.3 including
Berkeley DB 4.2.52p2. In order link it statically I configured with
--enable-all-static and replaced -ldb with <path to berkeley install
root>/lib/libdb-4.2.la in the generated Makefile and apr-util/Makefile.

On my homepage you will find a package containing statically linked
Subversion 1.0.0 binaries:

http://homepage.mac.com/martinott/Subversion-1.0.0.pkg.zip

Regards,
	Martin Ott.

Re: SVN 1.0.0 binary tarballs for Mac OS X 10.3

Posted by "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com>.
On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 17:15, Diederik van Arkel wrote:

> I don't see a static build on wsanchez's idisk anymore. Did this
> problem get
> resolved or should I just download the tarball and work from that?

Just go with the tarball right now.  I wanted to put up a static binary
that did ra_dav, ra_svn, and ra_local, but due to what appears to be a
linker bug on Mac OS X, I can't get it to statically link BerkeleyDB, so
rather than whip up a client that can't work on local repositories, I
just punted.

Sorry for the confusion

-Fitz

Re: SVN 1.0.0 binary tarballs for Mac OS X 10.3

Posted by Diederik van Arkel <va...@knoware.nl>.
On Feb 25, 2004, at 7:06 PM, Brian W. Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 12:02, Jack Repenning wrote:

>>> I've just built a static svn 1.0.0 client for Mac OS X and Fred's
>>> been
>>> kind
>>> enough to put it on his iDisk as well (in the interest of keeping
>>> this
>>> stuff
>>> all together):
>>>

>>> http://idisk.mac.com/wsanchez/Public/pkg/stable/svn-1.0.0-static.zip
>>

>> Ummm .....
>>
>>> ll Desktop/svn
>> -rw-r--r--    1 jrepenni staff        9052 Feb 24 21:36 Desktop/svn
>>
>>> chmod a+x Desktop/svn
>>
>>> Desktop/svn
>> Desktop/svn: line 1: cd:
>> /Volumes/Slave/fitz/tmp/subversion-1.0.0/subversion/clients/cmdline:
>> No
>> such file or directory
>> gcc: add-cmd.o: No such file or directory
>> gcc: blame-cmd.o: No such file or directory
>> gcc: cat-cmd.o: No such file or directory
>>
>>> file Desktop/svn
>> Desktop/svn: Bourne shell script text executable
>>
>>> head Desktop/svn
>> #! /bin/sh
>>
>> # svn - temporary wrapper script for .libs/svn
>> # Generated by ltmain.sh - GNU libtool 1.5 (1.1220 2003/04/05
>> 19:32:58)
>> #
>> # The svn program cannot be directly executed until all the libtool
>> # libraries that it depends on are installed.
>> #
>> # This wrapper script should never be moved out of the build
>> directory.
>> # If it is, it will not operate correctly.
>>
>> Good comment, that one.
>
> @^#%@@@&$%#^@$!!!!!!!
>
> What. The. Hell.
>
> /me goes off to fix.
>
> -Fitz

I don't see a static build on wsanchez's idisk anymore. Did this
problem get
resolved or should I just download the tarball and work from that?

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel

Re: SVN 1.0.0 binary tarballs for Mac OS X 10.3

Posted by "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com>.
On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 12:02, Jack Repenning wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2004, at 9:46 PM, Brian. W. Fitzpatrick wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 19:11, Wilfredo Sánchez wrote:
> >>    I've built SVN and it's dependencies for Mac OS X 10.3.
> >>
> >>    They are available on my iDisk (wsanchez) at
> >> http://idisk.mac.com/wsanchez/Public/ in the pkg/ folder.
> >
> > I've just built a static svn 1.0.0 client for Mac OS X and Fred's been
> > kind
> > enough to put it on his iDisk as well (in the interest of keeping this
> > stuff
> > all together):
> >
> >    http://idisk.mac.com/wsanchez/Public/pkg/stable/svn-1.0.0-static.zip
>

> Ummm .....
>
>  > ll Desktop/svn
> -rw-r--r--    1 jrepenni staff        9052 Feb 24 21:36 Desktop/svn
>
>  > chmod a+x Desktop/svn
>
>  > Desktop/svn
> Desktop/svn: line 1: cd:
> /Volumes/Slave/fitz/tmp/subversion-1.0.0/subversion/clients/cmdline: No
> such file or directory
> gcc: add-cmd.o: No such file or directory
> gcc: blame-cmd.o: No such file or directory
> gcc: cat-cmd.o: No such file or directory
>
>  > file Desktop/svn
> Desktop/svn: Bourne shell script text executable
>
>  > head Desktop/svn
> #! /bin/sh
>
> # svn - temporary wrapper script for .libs/svn
> # Generated by ltmain.sh - GNU libtool 1.5 (1.1220 2003/04/05 19:32:58)
> #
> # The svn program cannot be directly executed until all the libtool
> # libraries that it depends on are installed.
> #
> # This wrapper script should never be moved out of the build directory.
> # If it is, it will not operate correctly.
>
> Good comment, that one.

@^#%@@@&$%#^@$!!!!!!!

What. The. Hell.

/me goes off to fix.

-Fitz

Re: SVN 1.0.0 binary tarballs for Mac OS X 10.3

Posted by Jack Repenning <jr...@collab.net>.
On Feb 24, 2004, at 9:46 PM, Brian. W. Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 19:11, Wilfredo Sánchez wrote:
>>    I've built SVN and it's dependencies for Mac OS X 10.3.
>>
>>    They are available on my iDisk (wsanchez) at
>> http://idisk.mac.com/wsanchez/Public/ in the pkg/ folder.
>
> I've just built a static svn 1.0.0 client for Mac OS X and Fred's been
> kind
> enough to put it on his iDisk as well (in the interest of keeping this
> stuff
> all together):
>
>    http://idisk.mac.com/wsanchez/Public/pkg/stable/svn-1.0.0-static.zip

Ummm .....

 > ll Desktop/svn
-rw-r--r--    1 jrepenni staff        9052 Feb 24 21:36 Desktop/svn

 > chmod a+x Desktop/svn

 > Desktop/svn
Desktop/svn: line 1: cd:
/Volumes/Slave/fitz/tmp/subversion-1.0.0/subversion/clients/cmdline: No
such file or directory
gcc: add-cmd.o: No such file or directory
gcc: blame-cmd.o: No such file or directory
gcc: cat-cmd.o: No such file or directory

 > file Desktop/svn
Desktop/svn: Bourne shell script text executable

 > head Desktop/svn
#! /bin/sh

# svn - temporary wrapper script for .libs/svn
# Generated by ltmain.sh - GNU libtool 1.5 (1.1220 2003/04/05 19:32:58)
#
# The svn program cannot be directly executed until all the libtool
# libraries that it depends on are installed.
#
# This wrapper script should never be moved out of the build directory.
# If it is, it will not operate correctly.

Good comment, that one.

-==-
Jack Repenning
CollabNet, Inc.
8000 Marina Boulevard, Suite 600
Brisbane, California 94005
o: 650.228.2562
c: 408.835.8090

Re: SVN 1.0.0 binary tarballs for Mac OS X 10.3

Posted by "Brian. W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com>.
On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 19:11, Wilfredo Sánchez wrote:
>    I've built SVN and it's dependencies for Mac OS X 10.3.
>
>    They are available on my iDisk (wsanchez) at
> http://idisk.mac.com/wsanchez/Public/ in the pkg/ folder.

I've just built a static svn 1.0.0 client for Mac OS X and Fred's been kind
enough to put it on his iDisk as well (in the interest of keeping this stuff
all together):

   http://idisk.mac.com/wsanchez/Public/pkg/stable/svn-1.0.0-static.zip
   http://idisk.mac.com/wsanchez/Public/pkg/stable/svn-1.0.0-static.asc

Here's the --version from the binary:

svn, version 1.0.0
   compiled Feb 24 2004, 23:19:05

Copyright (C) 2000-2004 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' schema
  - handles 'https' schema
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' schema
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - handles 'svn' schema

-Fitz