Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Hong Tang <ht...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/09/19 07:24:29 UTC

[VOTE] Commit MAPREDUCE-728 to Hadoop 0.21

MAPREDUCE-728 could not make the code freeze deadline primarily it
couples closely with JobTracker and that there are quite a few late
patches that changed the APIs it depend on. It passed testing on
Hudson on Thursday night. All new changes I added in the latest patch
(thanks to Chris for his assist in the process) are trivial changes to
accommodate either API changes or build changes (e.g. avro bumps up
version from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0).

The patch adds a new MapReduce simulator, Mumak, as a contrib project.
it has sufficient usage to help us understand, debug, profile, and
design-proof JobTracker or scheduler.

Given the circumstances, I would like to request a vote to commit
MAPREDUCE-728 to Hadoop 0.21.

-Hong

Re: [VOTE] Commit MAPREDUCE-728 to Hadoop 0.21

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Arun

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
On Sep 18, 2009, at 10:24 PM, Hong Tang wrote:

> Given the circumstances, I would like to request a vote to commit
> MAPREDUCE-728 to Hadoop 0.21.

Mumak has already found a couple bugs in map/reduce and promises to
find more. I think this is a good low-risk addition to 0.21.

+1

-- Owen

[RESULT] Commit MAPREDUCE-728 to Hadoop 0.21

Posted by Hong Tang <ht...@yahoo-inc.com>.
With 5 +1's and no -1's, the vote passes.

Posted by Chris Douglas <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 -C

Posted by Sharad Agarwal <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1