Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by dIon Gillard <di...@multitask.com.au> on 2002/02/12 04:57:16 UTC

Re: [httpclient] patch for RequestOutputStream.java

Sean C. Sullivan wrote:

>I updated the code for the RequestOutputStream.java
>
>A patch file is attached.
>
> I created the patch files using this command:
>
>              cvs diff -u Foo.java > Foo.patch
>
>Changes:
>
>   The simple 1 arg  constructor now calls the 2 arg constructor.
>   In the 2 arg constructor, throw NullPointerException if the stream parameter
>is null.
>   Changed some private variables to "private static final".
>
>I executed the tests and everything passed.

Cool, and thanks. My only hassle is that the code uses stuff like
"0".getBytes() to initialize a byte array. I'm not particularly thrilled
that this is the most readable and efficient way of doing the
initialization. I'll look into it and see what the differences between
that and a simple new byte[] {'0'} are.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
http://www.multitask.com.au/developers