Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/22 13:13:00 UTC

[COMMUNITY VOTE] New OFBiz Logo - Please Vote for Your Preferred Choice

Hi Everyone

As mentioned I'd like to have a community vote for our new logo as the
discussion threads were becoming a little difficult to follow.
Essentially this vote is about selecting which design style you like the
best that we want to move ahead with. This means that if for example the
majority choose the existing logo then that's what we will try to refine
and make into our official logo.

_IMPORTANT NOTE_: The link to the vote is at the bottom of my email and
clearly labelled: \u201c*Link to Logo Vote*:\u201d

Kenneth has spent some time preparing some examples of each of the logos
printed in different situations to give us a better idea of what it
could look like. This means that whatever design we choose we still have
options to change the colour of the logo for printing.

I've selected the following 3 options for the vote (as there were some
ideas in the last round that no-one liked:-).

_*Option 1 : Our Existing Logo with Updated 'Registered' Symbol*_
I've included this option in the vote as we have a couple of people that
strongly support this one. One thing to be aware of is that the quality
of our existing logo is not very good, it is blurry and doesn't resize
well so Kenneth has mentioned that some cleanup work will need to done
to try and correct this.

It looks like this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/61317052/Original-Ofbiz.png?api=v2

_*Option 2: Corrected OFBiz Name with New Feather *_
I've included this option in the vote as many people requested that we
correct the spelling of OFBiz in our logo to match our project name.
Also as Apache has rebranded their feather, this new feather was added
to the logo.

It looks like this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/61317052/NewFeather-OFBiz.png?api=v2

_*Option 3: Power OFBiz*_
I've included this option with its original colour gradient as some
people liked the style, and others liked the style but not the colour.
BTW I found out that the circle was meant to represent a power button
(ie for switching on something on or off).  One concern that was noted
was that the gradient would be difficult to print. Kenneth mentioned
that he didn't think this would be an issue for a professional printer.

Some people liked this option with a blue power button instead so if you
were one of those then please add in the comments box that you prefer
the power button to be blue.

It looks like this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/61317052/Power-OFBiz.png?api=v2

*_Making Your Choice_*
The survey vote contains images of each of these logos so you will be
able to see them when you vote. Please vote for only one of the options.
For each option in the survey I've also added a comment box for any
additional feedback.

Please use the following link to vote:

*Link to Logo Vote: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3J2H3RX
*

I'll keep the survey open until the next Wednesday so hopefully that
will give everyone time to respond. Once complete I will summarise and
post the results to both user and dev lists.

As an additional note \u2013 whichever we choose, the ASF will pay for us to
get some stickers etc professionally printed so hopefully we will have
some available for Apachecon later in the year.

Anyway Happy Voting Everyone!

Thanks
Sharan

Re: [COMMUNITY VOTE] New OFBiz Logo - Please Vote for Your Preferred Choice

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Sharan,

I like your voting page with all the details, that's a great way to have
the ideas together to compare and get an imagination on how the logo
looks like in different uses!

And thanks Kenneth for your great work on the design!

Voting is done :-)

Thanks,

Michael Brohl
ecomify GmbH
www.ecomify.de

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
oops just noticed the survey and filled it

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nereide.fr>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Same here, actually I prefer 2 because it respects the OFBiz scheme else, for the font, my vote would have been 1

As I know what to (possibly) not do, I'll not do like Jacopo :p (thanks Jacopo ;))

Thanks Sharan and please thank Kenneth for us for his comprehensive work!

Jacques

Le 22/07/2016 � 16:36, Jacopo Cappellato a �crit :

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.