Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2011/11/25 12:24:35 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 25, 9 am Pacific Time

Hi,

  We will have our regular meeting Friday, November 25 at 9 am Pacific
Time to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

   Dial-in numbers are:
   US Toll free: 866 682-4770
   Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
   Germany Toll free: 08006648515
   (Other countries by request)

   To place the call:
   1. Call the toll free number.
   2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
   3. Enter the security code 1111#

   Agenda:

   1. JDO 3.0.1 release status
   2. News on new feature idea
http://osdir.com/ml/jdo-dev-db-apache/2011-11/msg00002.html?
   3. Case-insensitive properties, patch ready to be checked in? See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-696
   4. Support for specification of embedded inherited objects, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-702
   5. Other issues

   Action Items from weeks past:

   [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617 re the utility of the
update operator.
   [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.
--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de
Web: www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de>

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Dec 2, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org>.
>   4. Support for specification of embedded inherited objects, see
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-702
>
> Looks good. If it's possible to get the test case added, we can
> consider this for 3.1. AI Andy update the JIRA if you want it for 3.1.

Do we have an idea of release date for JDO3.1 ? Then I can estimate whether
I'll get your test added in time. Thx

--
Andy
DataNucleus (http://www.datanucleus.org)

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Dec 2, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Tim Gallagher, Matthew Adams, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

  Agenda:

  1. JDO 3.0.1 release status

There is some information on publishing using nexus as a staging area
that we should be able to adapt for JDO.
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingNexus

AI Matthew push the release to nexus and update the site.

  2. News on new feature idea http://osdir.com/ml/jdo-dev-db-apache/2011-11/msg00002.html
  - possible code contribution from 3M

In order to contribute significant code to Apache, an ICLA and CCLA
are needed.

  3. Case-insensitive properties, patch ready to be checked in? See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-696

Looks good.

  4. Support for specification of embedded inherited objects, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-702

Looks good. If it's possible to get the test case added, we can
consider this for 3.1. AI Andy update the JIRA if you want it for 3.1.

  5. Other issues

Descriptions of version numbers need to be clearer. For example, JDO 3
Maintenance Release 1 could add (3.1).

  Action Items from weeks past:

  [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617
  re the utility of the update operator.
  [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Dec 2, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net>.
Hi,

  We will have our regular meeting Friday, December 2 at 9 am Pacific
Time to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

   Dial-in numbers are:
   US Toll free: 866 682-4770
   Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
   Germany Toll free: 08006648515
   (Other countries by request)

   To place the call:
   1. Call the toll free number.
   2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
   3. Enter the security code 1111#

   Agenda:

   1. JDO 3.0.1 release status
   2. News on new feature idea