Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by discobeta <di...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/12 05:38:06 UTC

[error] Software caused connection abort at

Dear all,

Recently i've been noticing an error on the apache error log that
states:[error] Software caused connection abort at [script path] line [line
number].

Subsequently, i've been noticing another error, :Apache IO flush: (103)
Software caused connection abort at -e line 0

Always fails upon printing to stdout.

Thanks, Apache Server version: Apache/2.0.52 Server built:   Nov 11 2009
03:49:40 Platform: RHEL5 on a x86_64

Re: [error] Software caused connection abort at

Posted by Cosimo Streppone <co...@streppone.it>.
In data 12 dicembre 2009 alle ore 05:38:06, discobeta
<di...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Dear all,
>
> Recently i've been noticing an error on the apache error log that
> states:[error] Software caused connection abort at [script path] line
> [line
> number].

I've seen that happen when I used something like:

sub handler {
     my ($r) = @_;

     # ...
     my $response_body = whatever();

     $r->content_type('text/html');
     $r->print($response_body);

}

*AND*

for some weird reason, `$response_body' happened to be empty.

I would start logging whatever you are trying
to $r->print().

--
Cosimo

Re: [error] Software caused connection abort at

Posted by Kurt Hansen <kh...@charityweb.net>.
discobeta wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Recently i've been noticing an error on the apache error log that
> states:[error] Software caused connection abort at [script path] line
> [line number].
>
> Subsequently, i've been noticing another error, :Apache IO flush:
> (103) Software caused connection abort at -e line 0
>
> Always fails upon printing to stdout.

> Thanks, Apache Server version: Apache/2.0.52 Server built:   Nov 11
> 2009 03:49:40 Platform: RHEL5 on a x86_64
I started having the same error about a week ago. I don't have any
answers, only questions. Here's an earlier thread on this:

http://marc.info/?l=apache-modperl&m=125879662802023&w=2

I put the eval in as suggested and write it to my log -- I don't think
that fixes things though.

See my message from earlier today to describe my setup. I failed to
mention that I am on an x86_64 machine, too.

What version of mod_perl are you using? Do you use Apache::DBI? Version?
Apache2::Request?

Just looking for leads myself.

Take care,

Kurt Hansen