Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by José Luis Larroque <la...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/18 21:03:39 UTC

Use of hadoop in AWS - Build it from scratch on a EC2 instance / MapR hadoop distribution / Amazon hadoop distribution

Hi all !

I started to use hadoop with aws, and a big question appears in front of me!

I'm using a MapR distribution, for hadoop 2.4.0 in AWS. I already tried
some trivial examples, and before moving forward i have one question.

What is the better option for using Hadoop on AWS?
- Build it from scratch on a EC2 instance
- Use MapR distribution of Hadoop
- Use Amazon distribution of Hadoop

Sorry if my question is too broad.

Bye!
Jose

Re: Use of hadoop in AWS - Build it from scratch on a EC2 instance / MapR hadoop distribution / Amazon hadoop distribution

Posted by José Luis Larroque <la...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your answers!

@Jonathan: Yes! i looked AWS EMR already, but i was trying to compare the
benefits of using it against building from scratch on a EC2 instance (i
found tutorials using all of this options alike)
@jay vyas: Thanks jay, but i need to use AWS, and using that doesn't seem
the right option, i'm trying to keep things simple, because i don't have
much experience with this tecnologies.

Any other answer will be welcome!

Bye!
Jose