Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Luis Mariano Guerra <ma...@event-fabric.com> on 2016/09/27 10:22:48 UTC

solution for this kryo serialization problem? (also: update to kryo 4.0.0?)

hi, I created an issue at kryo with a simple project that reproduces the
problem, but still asking here in case anyone knows a solution:

https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/kryo/issues/462

basically, I get an error trying to serialize a simple tree like structure,
the error happens with a 2 node, 1 leaf tree so it's not a recursion
problem caused by the size of the data.

anyone knows a way to avoid this error?

also, in the repo I tried with the 3 latest stable versions of kryo
(2.24.0, 3.0.3 an 4.0.0) and 4.0.0 seems to fix it, I tried building flink
and testing the update and with 3.0.3 it seems to work, but the build fails
for 4.0.0, didn't looked much into details since I hadn't much time.

I think at least moving to 3.0.3 would be a good thing in case this is
true: https://twitter.com/novoj/status/780693354610880514

Re: solution for this kryo serialization problem? (also: update to kryo 4.0.0?)

Posted by Luis Mariano Guerra <ma...@event-fabric.com>.
I opened a PR on kryo https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/kryo/pull/463
that fixes 2.24.0, we should push for a 2.24.1 release, in the meantime if
you want to try the fix it's in this branch:
https://github.com/marianoguerra/kryo/tree/fix-462-for-2.24.0

I made a build of flink 1.1.2 with this fix and my problem went away.

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Luis,