Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manish Bhatnagar <ma...@accord-soft.com> on 2001/07/12 06:57:04 UTC

IOException while downloading a file

Hello all:
We get the following exception when we click on a link, that downlaods a
file to the client machine, and instead of clicking "OK" we click "Cancel".
The same exception is not thrown when "OK" is clicked.

2001-07-12 10:19:19 - Ctx( /eztrack ): IOException in: R( /mycontext +
/myproject/100005/verify/0/abc.exe + null) Connection reset by peer: socket
write error

Any idea why does it happen?
Tia,
Manish Bhatnagar

RE: IOException while downloading a file

Posted by Manish Bhatnagar <ma...@accord-soft.com>.
Thanks very much, Marcus, for your explanation.
Manish

>We get the following exception when we click on
>a link, that downlaods a file to the client
>machine, and instead of clicking "OK" we click
>"Cancel". The same exception is not thrown when
>"OK" is clicked.

>2001-07-12 10:19:19 - Ctx( /eztrack ):
>IOException in: R( /mycontext +
>/myproject/100005/verify/0/abc.exe + null)
>Connection reset by peer: socket write error

>Any idea why does it happen?
>Tia,
>Manish Bhatnagar

That's exactly how it's supposed to be. Browsers start to download the file,
getting all the response headers etc, starting to download the data, and
then asks what to do. Have you noticed that sometimes after you click on a
link, wait a minute, then accept downloading "starts" at 10+% ? If you click
cancel, your browser discards downloaded data and closes connection, giving
"connection reset by peer" error.

Greetings, deacon Marcus

RE: IOException while downloading a file

Posted by Deacon Marcus <de...@wwtech.pl>.
Hi,