Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by 黄吉浩 <13...@163.com> on 2014/09/23 08:34:00 UTC

How does jmeter use cache?

I think jmeter does not use cache at all. right?

Consider a situation: Web Page is big(many resouces, big pictures. etc) and network throughput is limitid or not enough.
How to deal this situation?
- in other test tool, such as Loadrunner, don't check ' clear cache in each iteration' option.
- in jmeter, we should record the samplers exclude resources.

Re: How does jmeter use cache?

Posted by Sergio Boso <se...@bosoconsulting.it>.
Hi, if you need to have a browser cache emulator, you have to add an "HTTP Cache Manager" controller.
It should be positioned just under the Thread group.

it works very well, IMHO.

Regards

Il 23/09/2014 11.02, 黄吉浩 ha scritto:
> Yes. but there is difference.
> In LoadRunner, first the virtual user download all pictures, and in following iterations use cached static resources and don't get them from server again.
> in Jmeter, never get these picture resources.
>
> 在 2014-09-23 16:03:16,"Marijn Wijbenga" <Ma...@cgpbooks.co.uk> 写道:
>> In the recorder you can exclude requests with certain file extensions if you want. You could, for example, exclude all PNG, GIF and JPEG files (or anything that you don't want).

Ing. Sergio Boso

Re: How does jmeter use cache?

Posted by William <st...@163.com>.
It shouldn’t be the functionality of loadrunner, but app you developed or http server. You can config meta info to indicate if the resources need to be cached. Then browser will accept and cache them.

RE: Re:RE: How does jmeter use cache?

Posted by Marijn Wijbenga <Ma...@cgpbooks.co.uk>.
I'm not that familiar with LoadRunner, but with jMeter it records exactly what the browser is doing. I would always recommend to clear the browser's cache before you start recording, as if it has already loaded a lot of resources it will not request them again. And thus won't be recorded. That is, if you DO want to record all resources. This will load those resources for each user's journey again and tests that journey exactly as it's recorded.

If not, you can exclude resources from being recorded in the settings of the Test Script Recorder. But then the resources will never be loaded when testing.

Posted by 黄吉浩 <13...@163.com>.
Yes. but there is difference.

RE: How does jmeter use cache?

Posted by Marijn Wijbenga <Ma...@cgpbooks.co.uk>.