Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Mohammed Shoaib Quraishi <sh...@outlook.com> on 2019/11/12 23:26:44 UTC

Bulk Load data into Phoenix Table with Dynamic columns

Hi,

I have a phoenix table created with a fixed set of columns. I have inserted and projected  dynamic column data using UPSERT and SELECT statements. I would like to bulk insert dynamic column data into this table. I do not see any documentation on how/whether this can be done. Scripting dynamic SQL with multiple UPSERT statements loads data very slow. It takes forever to load 500,000 records using multiple UPSERT statements. Also, one UPSERT statement with multiple VALUES doesn't work.

Can you help me with the best method to bulk insert huge data into a Phoenix table with dynamic columns.

Thank you,

Shoaib

Re: Bulk Load data into Phoenix Table with Dynamic columns

Posted by Thomas D'Silva <tw...@gmail.com>.
Bulk loading with dynamic columns is not supported. You could try modeling
the data using multiple views on the same physical table.