Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Albin Stigö <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/07 17:19:28 UTC

include_docs with emitted _id if the document is deleted?

Hi,

If you use the "trick" where you emit an objects with _id: xxx to
include a different "linked" doc in your view.

What happens if the document linked to is deleted?

--Albin

Re: include_docs with emitted _id if the document is deleted?

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
On 7 November 2011 17:19, Albin Stigö <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you use the "trick" where you emit an objects with _id: xxx to
> include a different "linked" doc in your view.
>
> What happens if the document linked to is deleted?
>
> --Albin

Hey Albin

Then the JSON object containing the doc is missing from ?include_docs
response. IIRC you should not get an error code response back though;
you should probably try this to confirm.

A+
Dave

AW: include_docs with emitted _id if the document is deleted?

Posted by "Stock, Ingemar" <In...@philotech.de>.
Thank you! I didn't know this feature.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Stock, Ingemar" <In...@philotech.de>.