Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by peter maas <pe...@noterik.nl> on 2004/08/07 00:38:06 UTC

Fragments and toDom

Hi,

I'm experimenting with building a dom within an xsp file to which I
would like to add a document fragment.
The api doc tells me the following:

XMLFragment has the following method defined in its' interface:

/toDom(org.w3c.dom.Node)/

which appends the xmlBytes stored in the document fragment to the domtree.

If I try to do this, cocoon responds with the message the the toDom
function is:
/
"The method toDom(org.w3c.dom.Node) is undefined for the type XMLFragment"/

The strangest thing is, that if I list the objects' methods using
introspection it turns out that the toDom(Node) method is availlable in
the object....
Introspection details:

*Methods:*
public void
org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamFragment.toSAX(org.xml.sax.ContentHandler)
throws org.xml.sax.SAXException
public void
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractSAXFragment.toDOM(org.w3c.dom.Node) throws
java.lang.Exception
public native int java.lang.Object.hashCode()
public final native java.lang.Class java.lang.Object.getClass()
public final void java.lang.Object.wait() throws
java.lang.InterruptedException
public final native void java.lang.Object.wait(long) throws
java.lang.InterruptedException
public final void java.lang.Object.wait(long,int) throws
java.lang.InterruptedException
public boolean java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object)
public final native void java.lang.Object.notify()
public final native void java.lang.Object.notifyAll()
public java.lang.String java.lang.Object.toString()

*Fields:*
private java.lang.Object
org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamFragment.xmlBytes

any ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

--
--------------------------------------
Peter Maas

Noterik Multimedia BV