Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jeffrey Spies <js...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/01 22:34:05 UTC

HBase Citation

Hi, Developers,

Do you have a preferred way to cite HBase?  I'm currently using:

@webpage{HBase,
Author = {{The Apache Software Foundation}},
Lastchecked = {2010-10-31},
Title = {Welcome to HBase!},
Url = {http://hbase.apache.org},
Year = {2010}}

or, when formatted:

The Apache Software Foundation (2010). "Welcome to HBase!", URL
http://hbase.apache.org.

If not, I am fond of citing documentation if organized into what can
be considered a manual (then it can have a more prominent position on,
say, a CV):

HBase Development Team (2010). HBase: A Distributed Database for Large
Datasets. The Apache Software Foundation, Los Angeles, CA. URL
http://hbase.apache.org.

Thanks,

Jeff.

Re: HBase Citation

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
That looks fine Jeff.  You might want to call it 'Apache HBase' rather
than HBase if you are trying to be 'formal'.
Good stuff,
St.Ack