Posted to users@felix.apache.org by David Griffin <da...@parasense.co.uk> on 2011/09/26 13:37:58 UTC

Embedding felix and using felix.auto.deploy.dir

Hi all,

this is my first posting to this list. I am currently researching potential
solutions to the creation of an extensible Java application and OSGi/Felix
appear to provide one solution, with various future proofing capabilities
(for my currently simplistic requirements). So, I'm new to the world of OSGi
& Felix.

I'm finding the going quite tough learning about these technologies, due to
the sheer volume of information, but I have finally managed to locate, build
and run a sample application which seems to do almost everything I need
(http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-application-demonstration.html).
The only additional feature I would like is the ability to configure the
embedded Felix framework to auto-install and auto-start (what Felix seems to
refer to as auto-deploy) all bundle JARs found in a specified bundle folder.
Felix documentation suggests that this is done by default, using the
"./bundle" sub-directory of the current directory, but this doesn't seem to
work for me, so I suspect the scenario is a little different with an
embedded Felix framework.

Can anyone point in the right direction for how to instruct Felix (when
embedded into an application) to auto-deploy all JARs found in a specified
folder?

Thanks in advance.

Dave