Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> on 2018/10/05 10:30:09 UTC

Docs out of sync with versions

Hi folks,

I was looking into a user bug, "Offload fails",
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/2697 and it seems to be a
documentation issue.

Namely, the latest stable version of the docs, i.e. what I get when I
click through for 2.1.1-incubating docs
(http://pulsar.apache.org/docs/en/cookbooks-tiered-storage/) doesn't
match what is in the docs for that version
(https://github.com/apache/pulsar/blob/v2.1.1-incubating/site/docs/latest/cookbooks/tiered-storage.md).

Is this a known issue? As in, was this done on purpose?

-Ivan

Re: Docs out of sync with versions

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
hmm, ah, the issue seems to be docusaurus doesn't support cutting a *minor*
release doc from a *major* release :(
so we might end up cutting from the master doc :( it might be worth doing
following:

- copy the files from 2.1.0-incubating to 2.1.1-incubating
- and file a feature request to docusaurus for supporting cutting minor
releases from a major release

- Sijie