Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/13 03:40:48 UTC

sbt assembly with hive

What is the proper way to build with hive from sbt?  The SPARK_HIVE is
deprecated. However after running the following:

   sbt -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.3 -Phive  assembly/assembly

And then
  bin/pyspark

   hivectx = HiveContext(sc)

   hivectx.hiveql("select * from my_table")

Exception: ("You must build Spark with Hive. Export 'SPARK_HIVE=true' and
run sbt/sbt assembly", Py4JError(u'Trying to call a package.',))

Re: sbt assembly with hive

Posted by Abhi Basu <90...@gmail.com>.
I am getting the same message when trying to get HIveContext in CDH 5.1
after enabling Spark. I am thinking Spark should come with Hive enabled
(default option) as Hive metastore is a common way to share data, due to
popularity of Hive and other SQL-Over-Hadoop technologies like Impala.

Thanks,

Abhi

--
Abhi Basu