Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tom Gazzini <to...@barzakh.co.uk> on 2004/04/06 03:05:45 UTC

PerlRun and Apacje::DB - quick question

I've managed to modify a CGI shopping cart application so that it
successfully works under Apache::PerlRun. Now I want to further improve
the performance by using Apache::DB. The CGI script already uses DBI to
access MySQL. Do I need to do anything special to get the CGI script to
use Apache::DB, other than load up the module in httpd.conf?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom.

Re: PerlRun and Apacje::DB - quick question

Posted by "Mike P. Mikhailov" <mi...@sibtel.ru>.
Hello Tom Gazzini,

Tuesday, April 6, 2004, 7:05:45 AM, you wrote:

TG> I #8217;ve managed to modify a CGI shopping cart application
TG> so that it successfully works under Apache::PerlRun.
TG> Now I want to further improve the performance by using
TG> Apache::DB. The CGI script already uses DBI to access MySQL. Do I

Did you mean Apache::DBI ?

TG> need to do anything special to get the CGI
TG> script to use Apache::DB, other than load up the
TG> module in httpd.conf?

Nothing special. It should be transparently for your scripts.

--
WBR, Mike P. Mikhailov

mailto: mike@sibtel.ru