Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Rick Bullotta <ri...@lighthammer.com> on 2002/02/05 21:27:06 UTC

XALAN XSLT Extensions, BSF and VBScript

Has anyone ever been able to get this to work with VBScript?  Not that
anyone would want to...<g>  But, we're trying anyway.  Works great with
Rhino 1.5 and javascript, but can't do a thing with vbscript...

Exception Stack Trace Is:

[Tue Feb 05 15:20:53 COT 2002] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
[Tue Feb 05 15:20:53 COT 2002]  at
com.ibm.bsf.engines.activescript.ActiveScriptEngine.call(ActiveScriptEngine.
java:793)
[Tue Feb 05 15:20:53 COT 2002]  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native
Method)
[Tue Feb 05 15:20:53 COT 2002]  at
org.apache.xalan.extensions.ExtensionHandlerGeneral.callFunction(ExtensionHa
ndlerGeneral.java:361)
[Tue Feb 05 15:20:53 COT 2002]  at
org.apache.xalan.extensions.ExtensionsTable.extFunction(ExtensionsTable.java
:257)
[Tue Feb 05 15:20:53 COT 2002]  at
org.apache.xpath.functions.FuncExtFunction.execute(FuncExtFunction.java:181)
[Tue Feb 05 15:20:53 COT 2002]  at
org.apache.xpath.Expression.executeCharsToContentHandler(Expression.java:301
)
[Tue Feb 05 15:20:53 COT 2002]  at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemValueOf.execute(ElemValueOf.java:319)

Source XML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<doc>
	<name first="David" last="Marston"/>
	<name first="David" last="Bertoni"/>
	<name first="Donald" last="Leslie"/>
	<name first="Emily" last="Farmer"/>
	<name first="Jack" last="Donohue"/>
	<name first="Myriam" last="Midy"/>
	<name first="Paul" last="Dick"/>
	<name first="Robert" last="Weir"/>
	<name first="Scott" last="Boag"/>
	<name first="Shane" last="Curcuru"/>
</doc>

XSL:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
                xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt"
                xmlns:misc="LocalFunctions"
                extension-element-prefixes="misc"
                version="1.0">

  <lxslt:component prefix="misc" functions="myFunc">
    <lxslt:script lang="vbscript">
      Function myFunc()
        myFunc = "You Are "
      End Function
    </lxslt:script>
  </lxslt:component>

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <HTML>
      <H1>Names in alphabetical order</H1>
      <xsl:for-each select="doc/name">
        <xsl:sort select="@last"/>
        <xsl:sort select="@first"/>
        <xsl:text>[</xsl:text>
        <xsl:value-of select="misc:myFunc()"/>
        <xsl:text>]. </xsl:text>
        <xsl:value-of select="@last"/>
        <xsl:text>, </xsl:text>
        <xsl:value-of select="@first"/>
      </xsl:for-each>
    </HTML>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Rick Bullotta
CTO
Lighthammer Software (www.lighthammer.com)
Voice: 610-903-8000 x14

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Rick --

I have it working.  You need to build the latest version of BSF yourself
in Ant since it includes some bug fixes since their last release (v2.2).
I have the .jar file build and I can email it to you if you'd like.
It's only 76K.

Gary

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Hi, Rick --