Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Skip <sk...@thedevers.org> on 2014/02/11 03:12:47 UTC

Product Price Rules

I recently had a user accidentially create a product price rule with no
conditions.  This resulted in all products sold afterwards getting the
discounted price (-5% price) set by the action.

After tracking this down, I added some code in PriceServices.java to check
if there were no price conditions and if so, set the local variable alltrue
to false.  This fixes it for me.

I am debating whether or not to add a Jira for this issue.  Was this
intended and can anyone see any value in this behavior?

Skip

Re: Product Price Rules

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:04 AM, jacopo.cappellato@hotwaxmedia.com wrote
> On Feb 11, 2014, at 9:07 AM, Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd create a Jira. It looks like a miss to me, the check you do seems good. I'd also prevent users to create such rules from UI
>> Maybe we could add a properties, in case someone would like to use a such scenario (could be used for temporarily give a percent
>> on all products)?
>
> I don't like the idea to prevent this in the ui because the user may really know what she is doing. I also don't like the idea of
> (another) property. I would rather improve the ui to make it more evident to the user that the rules will be applied to all the
> products.

Yes that sounds a better compromise indeed. It would then be a javascript warning (if no conditions at all).
This reminds me I still need to do the same at https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/accounting/control/EditTaxAuthorityRateProducts?taxAuthPartyId=_NA_&taxAuthGeoId=_NA_
Because a simple message like <<Beware: don't use more than one line with "Tax Shipping" and/or "Tax Promotions" value = "Y">> is not enough.

And now about Skip's proposed change? For instance if people use another UI, or simply load/import rules.

Jacques

Re: Product Price Rules

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Product Price Rules