Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Torben Norling <to...@mind.se> on 2001/01/04 09:09:15 UTC

1.0 Release & 0.5 Stability?

Hi everyone!
Does anyone know the timeframe on the 1.0 release of Struts?? We don't know
if we should aim for 1.0 or stay with the 0.5 milestonebuild for our
upcomming release...

Does anyone know how "stable" the 0.5 release is compared to the nightly
builds...

Thanks // Torben Norling - Mind AB

Re: 1.0 Release & 0.5 Stability?

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
It is recommended that you develop against the nightly builds, one of
which will ultimately be deemed the 1.0 release.

I believe that real bottleneck now is updating the User Guide to
reflect the changes mentioned in the release notes.

I'm actively developing with Struts, and  it's my opinion that the
current builds are production quality.

If you have been working with the 0.5 milestone, I would recommend
comming current now (and getting it over with).

Per the project lead: <
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01013.html

"I would really suggest working off the most recent nightly
distributions, rather  than 0.5.  I currently believe that all the
changes that might break user code  (like switching ActionForm to be a
class) have already been completed --  remaining things added to 1.0
*should not* break user code."