Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Joshi, Shital" <Sh...@gs.com> on 2014/05/29 18:12:44 UTC

Safeguards for stray commands from deleting solr data

Hi,

What are ways to prevent someone executing random delete commands against Solr? Like:

I understand we can do IP based access (change /etc/jetty.xml). Is there anything Solr provides out of the box?

Thanks!

Re: Safeguards for stray commands from deleting solr data

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Not unless you disable the update handler completely. Assuming you have
sensitive data, you really need to secure your Solr server behind an app
though.

Best,
Erick