Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com> on 2007/01/05 23:17:43 UTC

Looking for productCategoryId

We currently have 12,327 categories and see a need for many hundreds more.
However that many categories just about kills a webclient pushing all that data
into the productCategoryId dropdown. Some pages (rolllups?) have three of them.

[ What should I ]||[ How should I ] "grep for" in order to find all of these
dropdowns?

We're looking into some other means of getting that data, and we want to find
all of the useages to make sure the solution works everywhere that the
productCategoryId dropdown is currently in place.

--
Walter

Re: Looking for productCategoryId

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Walter, Iain,

I can't think of any way to find all of these in an automated way
without doing a search that would include a lot of "false positives".

These are usually pretty easy to change to an ID entry box with a
lookup window, and that would be a good way to go for all category
drop-downs (which pre-date the lookup window functionality and
pattern in OFBiz).

-David

Posted by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au>.
Walter,