Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com> on 2006/02/02 15:17:00 UTC

Build numbering w/ Maven

Hi,

I would like to know about the options for sharing the Continuum build
number with my underlying Maven1/2 projects.

What I'm trying to do is generate artifacts with the following naming
convention:

myproject-1.0-123.zip

where 1.0 is the version number defined in Maven (e.g. pom.xml), and 123
is the Continuum build number.  Artifacts could be .zip, .jar, .war, etc.

So how to I access the Continuum build number from Maven1/2 or Ant?  Is
is passed in some environment variable?

thanks in advance,
alex

Re: Build numbering w/ Maven

Posted by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com>.
Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> It isn't possible but can be a good idea.
> Please file an issue.
>
> Emmanuel

I like this idea too.

Srgjan