Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2012/06/18 10:08:49 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Use paxexam-karaf on Karaf 2.3.x branch

Hi all,

Working on karaf-2.3.x branch, I detected issue on the itests after
upgrading to OSGi 4.3:

As the Karaf 2.3.x itests are based on the 2.2.x ones, they are
"fragile" and so it's not easy to update pax-runner and/or OSGi
framework without breaking something else.

That's why I propose to refactore the itests in order to use
paxexam-karaf (from github): it will simplify the itests and we will be
able to easily extend it.

WDYT ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Use paxexam-karaf on Karaf 2.3.x branch

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Sorry for the noise, my e-mail client sent the message three times :/

Regards
JB

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
yeah, +1 from my side.

2012/6/18 Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>:
> Sounds good to me.
>
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Working on karaf-2.3.x branch, I detected issue on the itests after
>> upgrading to OSGi 4.3:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1554
>>
>> As the Karaf 2.3.x itests are based on the 2.2.x ones, they are "fragile"
>> and so it's not easy to update pax-runner and/or OSGi framework without
>> breaking something else.
>>
>> That's why I propose to refactore the itests in order to use paxexam-karaf
>> (from github): it will simplify the itests and we will be able to easily
>> extend it.
>>
>> WDYT ?
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> jbonofre@apache.org
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>

> --
> ------------------------
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> ------------------------
> FuseSource, Integration everywhere
> http://fusesource.com

Committer & Project Lead
OPS4J Pax for Vaadin
<http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home> Commiter & Project
Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: [PROPOSAL] Use paxexam-karaf on Karaf 2.3.x branch

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
big +1 from my side too; will make it also easier to write itests for
trunk and 2.3.x (only changing the namespace)

Kind regards,
Andreas

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me.

--
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1,

using the paxexam-karaf can speed up the test process.

--
Willem