Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Frank Ittermann <pu...@googlemail.com> on 2008/06/06 17:42:09 UTC

rest services and soap services with cxf and tomcat

Hello anyone,

I've tried to develop soap services with cxf. Thats work and rocks. But i've
also tried rest (jaxrs) services to devlop with cxf.
Develop work means compile and deploy to tomcat but I can't call the rest
service and after a debug session i saw that the soap services overrided the
rest service definition.

Here is my cxf-servlet.xml config file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    xmlns:jaxrs="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs"
    xsi:schemaLocation="
http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxrs.xsd">

    <import
        resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml" />
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />

    <jaxrs:server id="restserviceserver" address="/rest">
        <jaxrs:serviceBeans>
            <ref bean="restservice"/>
        </jaxrs:serviceBeans>
    </jaxrs:server>
    <bean id="restservice"  class="com.zanox.webservices.RestService" />

    <jaxws:endpoint implementor="com.zanox.webservices.HelloWorldImpl"
        endpointName="e:HelloWorld" serviceName="s:HelloWorld"
        address="/HelloWorld" xmlns:e="http://com.zanox.webservice/endpoint"
        xmlns:s="http://com.zanox.webservice/service" />

    <jaxws:endpoint
        implementor="com.zanox.webservices.ProductDataLogicBean"
        address="/ProductService" />

</beans>

CXF throw now exception and after the deployment in tomcat saw everything
right but the rest service is not callable.

Re: rest services and soap services with cxf and tomcat

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com>.
Hi,
If you comment the jaxws endpoint definition, do you have a rest service accessible ?

Cheers, Sergey
> I've tried to develop soap services with cxf. Thats work and rocks. But i've
> also tried rest (jaxrs) services to devlop with cxf.
> Develop work means compile and deploy to tomcat but I can't call the rest
> service and after a debug session i saw that the soap services overrided the
> rest service definition.
>
> Here is my cxf-servlet.xml config file.

>    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>    xmlns:jaxws="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws"
>    xmlns:jaxrs="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs"
>    xsi:schemaLocation="
> http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
> http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
> http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs
> http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxrs.xsd">
>
>    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml" />
>    <import
>        resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml" />
>    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />
>
>    <jaxrs:server id="restserviceserver" address="/rest">
>        <jaxrs:serviceBeans>
>            <ref bean="restservice"/>
>        </jaxrs:serviceBeans>
>    </jaxrs:server>
>    <bean id="restservice"  class="com.zanox.webservices.RestService" />
>
>    <jaxws:endpoint implementor="com.zanox.webservices.HelloWorldImpl"
>        endpointName="e:HelloWorld" serviceName="s:HelloWorld"
>        address="/HelloWorld" xmlns:e="http://com.zanox.webservice/endpoint"
>        xmlns:s="http://com.zanox.webservice/service" />
>
>    <jaxws:endpoint
>        implementor="com.zanox.webservices.ProductDataLogicBean"
>        address="/ProductService" />
>
> </beans>
>
> CXF throw now exception and after the deployment in tomcat saw everything
> right but the rest service is not callable.

Registered Number: 171387