Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/20 23:02:54 UTC

Support image and resource pre-fetching in Mesos

Hi,

We have been working on optimizing container launch latency in our Mesos
based stack, and one of the optimization we are considering is to pre-fetch
docker image and any necessary resources for the task/executor.

This is especially useful in "updating" of containers of long running
services.

Before delving into detailed proposal, I wonder if anyone has done similar
things or has similar requirements.

Thanks!

--
Cheers,

Zhitao Li

Re: Support image and resource pre-fetching in Mesos

Posted by Jason Lai <ja...@jasonlai.net>.
Good to see we have a proposal. Do we have any design docs about the
overall image management on agent?

Jason

Posted by Ilya Pronin <ip...@twopensource.com>.

Posted by James Peach <jo...@gmail.com>.