Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org> on 2008/03/08 21:16:07 UTC

generate jar with exec:java and install it

Hi,

I can generate a jarfile with exec:java

                        <plugin>
                                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                                <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>java</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                                <configuration>
                                        <mainClass>com.example.test</mainClass>
                                        <arguments>
                                                <argument>target/final.jar</argument>
                                        </arguments>
                                </configuration>
                        </plugin>

How can i tell the install-plugin to use this file (final.jar)?

How can i automatically tun the exec:java task?

Jan

Re: generate jar with exec:java and install it

Posted by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org>.
Wayne Fay wrote:

> I'd write a proper plugin. Its really simple.

Thought about it, but the plugin isn't 100% maven-ized, yet. I want to use
exec:java as a workaround until then.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I'd write a proper plugin. Its really simple.

Wayne

Posted by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Jan Torben Heuer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can generate a jarfile with exec:java
>
>                         <plugin>
>                                 <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>                                 <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>                                 <executions>
>                                         <execution>
>                                                 <goals>
>                                                         <goal>java</goal>
>                                                 </goals>
>                                         </execution>
>                                 </executions>
>                                 <configuration>
>                                         <mainClass>com.example.test</mainClass>
>                                         <arguments>
>                                                 <argument>target/final.jar</argument>
>                                         </arguments>
>                                 </configuration>
>                         </plugin>
>

> How can i tell the install-plugin to use this file (final.jar)?
>
> How can i automatically tun the exec:java task?
>
> Jan

Dennis Lundberg